Thursday, December 20, 2007

I WILL MISS YOU.



The ad you see above was published in the Tullahoma News sometime between FEB-April 2001. I had just lost my dog Lasher and had just purchased a house with a big back yard for him. Soon after I saw this ad in the paper with this poor 14 yr. old dog. I asked myself, "Who would adopt an old dog like that?" I couldn't get him off my mind. I went right up to the shelter and no sooner than the lady took me back to see him, he came running to me. He picked me too. Actually, the look on his face was "Get me the hell out of here!" So I did that very day.

Blackie was an incredible dog. My "old man" from the beginning. He lasted a long time too. This past Tuesday, Dec. 18th, 2007 to be exact, I had to put the old man to rest. At a few months short of 21 years old, this guy still had the mind of a puppy...just a failing body.

Having lived on a big farm with my Mom the last few years, he was very, very happy. He was a big part of my family & we will all miss him very much.

I love you Blackie & I miss you so much. You came along at a time in my life when I needed a good friend. Thank you so much.

Stacey

No comments: